Celebrities are a huge part of our society
in a sense that they provide solid entertainment to those who like media (so
pretty much everyone). Legendary celebrities such as Michael Jackson and the
Beetles all have received praise and glorification because of their intent of
bringing joy to people and enlightening society with subtle messages embedded
in their music. There’s a reason why they are still prodigies to this day and
is that they did their job well in being role models of the community.
However, recent celebrities kind of lost that
touch of good influence and instead, turned to become a lot more selfish and
rude to the world of media, transforming the once good reputation of
celebrities in the past into individuals who do questionable actions that make
you wonder, “Why are they doing this?” But even though their bad influence
lingers to the public, their popularity and fans never falter. Why is that? Why
do people still choose to adore these celebrities despite what they have done?
Well, in my opinion, I think that celebrities mask their personality with their
looks, singing, or other talents and people just seemed to be deceived by that
fact. Looking at Justin Bieber for example, he has been quite a popular
individual but the fact that he has done some really questionable things such
as being rude to fans, vandalizing property, and even drunk driving doesn’t
seem to scathe his career one bit. Miley Cyrus is another example as she does
completely unnecessary methods of “expressing herself” in her music videos
(seriously.. what does construction tools even mean?). These type of actions
that celebrities use completely soiled the great entertainment that singers and
artists from the past has created and it’s really unfortunate how much the world
of media and music has evolved nowadays. To this day, I still enjoy listening
to the Beetles and other great bands that were legends of the past.
![]() |
| Still like the Beatles more than Bieber... |
![]() |
| Why did you guys have to be old? |


Hey! Nice post! I agree with your opinions about celebrities and hope that those who aren't the best celebrities learn that they aren't Gods or superior. We are all human and should follow the law as equals. To me, I see being a celebrity as a job based around artistic expression and the type of influence produced. It is not a privilege. What interests me is how those with such huge potential just ruin their chance with their choices. Seriously! Who would think breaking the law is a good idea? It just doesn't make sense. Anyways, nice post and yeah, I also like the classics. Benny Goodman! I'm looking at you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat job delivering your opinions!! I totally agree that celebrities nowadays are starting to turn to the dark side and have lost their touch of good influence. Since most celebrities are like this now, there is almost no hope that the future will be filled with good-hearted, honest and positive celebrities. Just my opinion and again, great job!
ReplyDeleteHey, this is an amazing post. I completely agree about celebrities facing the same consequences as a regular person, if they committed a crime. Celebrities shouldn't use their fame to influence bad behaviour. It's pretty sad that the media nowadays focus on drama and not talent. I'm glad to see that there are still people in our generation that listen to old school classics. I myself enjoy listening to the Beatles and music from the past. Thanks to my dad who made me listen to the song of his generation.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your post about the bad things that celebrities do these days. but I can't help but feel that maybe fans and media has something to do with it. the media does enjoy gossip
ReplyDelete